I think you've all heard of Microsoft office, but have you heard of Open Office and Libre Office? no? Well read on then!
So, maybe not all of you agree with me but I'll be plain and simple, I prefer Microsoft's version of office software. However, preferring is not always best, I mean, the reason I prefer Microsoft Office is because I'm just used to the way it works (and I have enough money to actually buy the license) and because people mostly use it so there are a few compatibility issues with other office softwares, however, the BIG difference between those products is the price tag that comes with it, given ONE license costs 110£ only. I mean next to that, the other two are free.
Actually, there's a pretty interesting story relating to OpenOffice and LibreOffice's creation (which you can find here) but to make it short, OpenOffice and LibreOffice were both part of an original OpenOffice, created in 2001, however, in 2011, due to bad management, nearly all the developers from OpenOffice resigned and created LibreOffice together.
OpenOffice then basically fell into ruin given that they were lacking serious manpower.
My point is, the reason you find OpenOffice good is because of the developers that created LibreOffice. Now, think that for two years, OpenOffice was left in the dark whilst LibreOffice was continuously updated and you get your reason for the surpassing of OpenOffice by LibreOffice.
Note that this is also why OpenOffice is better known than LibreOffice even if LibreOffice is better.
So, I would choose Libre Office as being the best between those two and also the best in price/quality ratio in the price/quality ratio.
It has enough functions to be a suitable alternative for Microsoft's product.
For more information on Libre Office, clicking here will take you directly to the official website.
OpenOffice is a trademark of the Apache Software Foundation.
OpenOffice then basically fell into ruin given that they were lacking serious manpower.
My point is, the reason you find OpenOffice good is because of the developers that created LibreOffice. Now, think that for two years, OpenOffice was left in the dark whilst LibreOffice was continuously updated and you get your reason for the surpassing of OpenOffice by LibreOffice.
Note that this is also why OpenOffice is better known than LibreOffice even if LibreOffice is better.
So, I would choose Libre Office as being the best between those two and also the best in price/quality ratio in the price/quality ratio.
It has enough functions to be a suitable alternative for Microsoft's product.
For more information on Libre Office, clicking here will take you directly to the official website.
OpenOffice is a trademark of the Apache Software Foundation.

No comments:
Post a Comment